Job Title: PORTER
Reports to: Kitchen Manager/Assistant Kitchen Manager
Summary of Position:
The Porter for Dust Bowl Brewing Co. will be responsible for the day-to-day cleanliness and sanitary environment of our restaurant and facilities. The Porter will ensure that the facility is cleaned to the highest standards with emphasis on Taproom, floors, stairs, customer and employee restrooms and all guest contact areas. Porter will also take care of the outside of the building to include but not limited to: taking care of the cleanliness of parking lots, garbage bin area and sidewalks.
- Kitchen floor drains inspected and cleaned as needed
- Under counter walls inspected and cleaned as needed
- Floor Mats cleaned daily
- Spray and sweep flies (See detailed list)
- Remove all chairs from tables in Taproom, Patio and breakroom and wipe down
- Set out all games
- Open patio umbrellas (weather permitting)
- Clean all windows (See detailed list)
- Responsible for maintain all aspects of Chemical room
- Responsible for the cleanliness of Employee/Business Entrance Hallway (See detailed list)
- Add-ons per MOD for any additional cleaning needs
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Constantly keep building, internally and externally, in clean and orderly condition, performing heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floor, washing walls and glass and removing rubbish. Duties may include routine maintenance activities and notifying management of need for repairs.
- Ability to frequently lift 50+ lbs. without difficulty
- Ability to constantly stand for long periods of time, walk, kneel, crouch, reach, bend, stoop and work from different heights at a continuous pace
- Be able to daily use a mop, broom or squeegee as needed
- Must have high sanitation standards including frequently washing hands throughout the shift
- Must be able to always work in hot, dry, cold, wet, indoor and outdoor environments
- Possess the ability to work safely with moving equipment
- Have knowledge of chemical SDS
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision, work alone and take initiative
- Must be reliable, trustworthy, follow instructions, pay attention to detail and take pride in their work
- Exercise discretion
Typical Work Hours
- General working hours 7-8 hours a day.
- Monday – Friday
- Work schedule may vary according to the operational needs of the business
Required Education, Licensing and Experience
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and physical
- No previous restaurant experience required
- Non-exempt status
- $14 – $18 per hour (DOE)
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the general scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work of Dust Bowl Brewing Co. Porter job description requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload and gain additional experience to further the individual’s professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dust Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Neither Dust Bowl, nor any of its employees, shall discriminate with respect to hiring, assignments, performance appraisal, promotion, training, disciplinary action, termination, layoffs, compensation, benefits, working conditions, or any other terms or conditions of employment, based upon race, color, religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice including religious dress or grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, registered domestic partner status, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, political affiliation, position in a labor dispute, request for or use of protected leave, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Dust Bowl also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone falls into any protected category, has any protected characteristic, or is associated with a person who falls within a protected category, or who has or is perceived as having any protected characteristic.