FOOD EXPO Job Description
Summary of Position
Ensure food orders quality and presentation are prepared and assembled in a timely manner. Helps the servers deliver food from the kitchen to the guest(s). Makes certain the line remains stocked, neat, clean, and safe.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware
- Prepare a variety of foods according to customers’ or supervisors’ instructions following approved procedures
- Inform supervisors’ when supplies are running low (Example: to-go packaging)
- Package and double check to-go orders, make sure it is correct. Serve to customers
- Helps servers in providing for guest(s) needs, such as condiments or silverware
- Prepare and serve beverages as needed
- Assist servers with clearing the tables. (Example: appetizer plates, bussing, etc.)
- Assists cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed and provide cooks with items they may need
- Maintain cleanliness and efficiency in assigned areas
- Close the food running station
- Must be able to read order screens
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Guest/Team Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, respectfully and confidently with all managers, kitchen and Taproom personnel and staff members.
- Must work well in a fast-paced setting.
- Must have exceptional daily grooming and hygiene habits.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates indoors in a hot and/or humid environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires employee to continuously reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to continuously work in a standing position for up to 8+ hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to speak and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
For this regular part-time hourly position employee must be available during the scheduled “core” work hours. Must be able to work nights and weekends.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- A least 6 months’ experience in a similar capacity (Food Expo).
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Food Safety Certificate.
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.