Reports to Kitchen Manager
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, and other hot food products, as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking; perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking per standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sauté or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products safely and properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed and maintain productivity at all times.
- Closes the kitchen properly and flows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or Manager-on-Duty.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Guest/Team Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, respectfully and confidently with all managers, kitchen and Taproom personnel and staff members.
- Must work well in a fast-paced setting.
- Must have exceptional daily grooming and hygiene habits.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates indoors in a hot and/or humid environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires employee to continuously reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to continuously work in a standing position for up to 8+ hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
For this regular part-time position employee must be available during the scheduled “core” work hours. Must be able to work nights and weekends.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- A least 6 months’ experience in a similar capacity (Line cook).
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Culinary Certificate.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Food Safety Certificate.
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.