REPORTS TO: Taproom Managers
Summary of Position
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to create a marvelous experience for our guests so that they will want to return again and again.
- Welcome and greet guest(s). Make all our guest(s) feel comfortable and let them know you are there to personally take care of them. (Within 1 min at least acknowledge they exist in this world)
- Inform guest(s) of specials and any menu changes
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guest(s) will enjoy
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services
- Take food and beverage orders from guest(s), enter orders in our POS (Point of Sale) system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar. If there are many modifications, communicate to the kitchen and make sure to explain
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guest(s) in a timely manner
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Fill ice
- Add condiments
- Clean windows
- Wipe down tables and countertops
- Spot sweep,
- Wipe down check presenters
- Help with bussing
- Maintain clean service areas
- Monitor and observe guest’s dining experience. Ensure guest(s) are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest(s), accept payment and process payment
- Be ready and willing to assist coworkers as situations arise
- Be ready and willing to assist busser with clearing and resetting tables
- Thank guest(s) for their visit and invite them to return
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the Taproom Managers
- Possess basic knowledge of dining room and service functions and procedures
- Possess basic math skills and possess ability to handle money and operate a POS (Point of Sale) system
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time, up to 8+ hours
- Consistently able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds
- Must be constantly able to reach, bend, stoop and lift to 50 lbs.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Must possess current Food Safety certificate
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the general scope of
responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work of Dust Bowl Brewing Co.’s Server job description requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload, and gain additional experience to further the individual’s professional development.