Provide friendly, responsive service to creates an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to create a marvelous experience for our guests so that they will want to repeatedly return and support the Dust Bowl Brand.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Welcome and greet guest(s). Make all our guest(s) feel comfortable and let them know within 1 minute that you are there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guest(s) of specials and any menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guest(s) will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages, and special events. Have basic knowledge of the beer we sell.
- Take food and beverage orders from guest(s) in a time manner, enter orders in our POS (Point of Sale) system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar. If there are too many modifications, go back to the kitchen and make sure to explain.
- Beverages are expected to be ordered and delivered to guest(s) within four minutes of being seated.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas
- Monitor and observe guest(s) dining experience. Ensure guest(s) are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest(s), accept payment, process payment.
- Completion of specified open and closing duties every shift with closing duty sign-off.
- Maintain clean and organized working area: drink station, side station, floor and all tables.
- Thank guest(s) for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the Taproom Managers.
- Assist with scheduled cleaning/sanitation activities in taproom and patio areas
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Performance Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional restaurant environment. Work indoors/outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is consistently required to walk, balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must always be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to work consistently in a standing position for long periods of time of up to 8+ hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time position with flexibility in hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. Day, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
This position requires 0% travel.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma
2 years Restaurant Serving Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
Advanced Server Training
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Pass Pre-employment and Drug Screening.
- Current Food Safety Certificate.
- Possess basic knowledge of dining room and service functions and procedures.
- Ability to handle money and operate a POS (Point of Sale) system.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.