Accounting/HR Administrative Assistant
Reports to Accounting Manager, HR Manager and Brewmaster
May 9, 2019
This position is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day accounting, human resource and brewery operations.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process orders from customers and tap rooms.
- Arrange shipment of finished goods and empty keg returns with distributors and logistics companies. Objective is to reduce the frequency of deliveries to distributors (deliveries every 3-4 weeks) and utilize nearly full transfers into specific geographical areas making multiple drop shipments.
- Process invoicing for completed orders.
- Respond to specific information requests from internal and external customers. Requests may be related to shipment status, product availability, new products, etc.
- Price Posting forms with the ABC.
- Assist accounting department with coding and processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Assist the accounting department with bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Assist the accounting department with entries in Orchestrated Beer (Brewery) and QuickBooks (Taprooms).
- As needed, prepare reports and summaries for staff related to the aforementioned activities.
- Answer phones.
- Handles employment application intake, schedule interviews and pre-employment appointments.
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assists with new-employee orientations.
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Prepares job postings.
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Assists the manager with HR projects and filing.
- Assists with benefits administration.
- Manage and distribute incoming mail.
- Assists with benefit administration
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college; or at least one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Courses completed in the area of Business Administration and/or Accounting preferred.
Familiar with MS Windows operating systems and MS Office applications. At minimum, intermediate level skills with Excel and Word. Experience with QuickBooks required.
Ability to read and effectively interpret documents and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and accounting skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear, bend, stoop.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time hourly position. Days and core hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Local travel to various worksites may be required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Pass pre-employment physical and drug screening.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.