Warehouse/ Logistics Clerk
Reports to Brewmaster
Responsible for executing general warehouse activities and inventory related functions that include the following: material receipt, material storage, preparing orders, loading orders, and ensuring that the warehouse conditions meet GMP requirements. The position will also be required to deliver product to distributors and tap rooms in company provided vehicles.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receiving materials (Verification of condition/quantity of goods and processing in Orchestrated Beer).
- Proper handling and storage of materials, supplies, and finished goods.
- Ensure that the physical condition of the warehouse meets GMP requirements.
- Ensure that inventory records residing within the business system (Orchestrated Beer) are accurate.
- Pull, prepare, and load customer orders.
- As required, deliver orders to customers and tap rooms.
- Assess the opportunity to utilize third party freight options and compare quotes for deliveries to distributors in order to minimize freight costs.
- Prepare reports and summaries, as needed, for the staff related to the aforementioned activities.
- Assist in packaging operations when needed.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with ERP/MRP systems. Courses completed in the area of Business Administration and/or Accounting a plus.
Familiar with MS Windows operating systems and MS Office applications. At minimum, intermediate level skills with Excel and Word.
Ability to read and effectively interpret documents and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with customers or employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates indoors/outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position will occasionally be required to work in the warehouse environment to facilitate shipment activities and assist with warehouse functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to stand, walk, balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. This position requires the ability to lift 60 lbs. and move 165lbs. kegs as required. Must be able to travel up and down 45 steps and work around moving equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Regular, full-time, hourly position with flexibility in hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. Day, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 25% travel to satellite locations according to the operational business needs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Valid CA Driver License
Current Motor Vehicle Report
Pass pre-employment physical and drug screening tests.
Current Proof of Auto Insurance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.